Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hello everyone!!!  I am heading out to the Manor tomorrow for a relaxing weekend so I thought I would share a couple of cards with you.  
I hope to have several new items to share with you when I get back.
The first one I used a few matching papers to create a collage, added a couple of tags on the left side, then added my flowers.  The white material with the tiny square holes in it is actually the plastic sheets used for needle point.  I cut off a couple of pieces and added them as shown.  The larger turquoise flowers is actually a flower cut in half, so I put the halves peeking out from under the papers.  I like to layer things, especially paper, for me, the more layers the better I like it.


The next card below is more antique looking.   I roughed up the edges of the background paper before adhering it to the card front.  I added a strip of burlap across the card then I added another strip of paper, about 1" wide, across the bottom of the burlap.  An antique lace was placed at the bottom of the 1"  wide paper strip.  And lastly I added the flowers and other embellishments along with a loopy bow with fine cording.  The crocheted circle at the top of the flowers is actually cut from an old doilie I had.  Gives the card an extra touch of texture.

That's all for now.  Until the next time,
this is Donna wishing you a safe and happy weekend.
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
Best Friends - If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.  If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.  If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.  If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.  But anytime you just need a best friend, I'll just be me.

No comments: