Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Good Day Everyone

This is a very quick share with you for a layout that I just completed.
I really, really love the wood design papers that you can get now.  I chose this one because I love the cream and brown tones throughout the paper.  The picture I chose ended up blending quite nicely with the background paper.
I first stencilled, in a t-shape, using a stencil with a diamond shape on it. and modeling paste.  I put together a collage of papers for the background behind my picture.  I had chipboard pieces in my stash that also had a diamond shape pattern to it.  I adhered my picture to the collage using pop dots, then I laid it down without adhering for placement of the chipboard, one at the top and one at the bottom.  When I was happy with the placement, I adhered everything down.  I also had a chipboard picture frame (I believe it is from Fab Scraps)  that I painted with white gesso.  I adhered it to the 
picture as shown to frame the adorable face of my grandaughter.
Next I added some soft creamy yellow flowers and a couple of peach coloured ones.  I tucked in some cheesecloth around the bottom left flowers for more texture.  Added some pearls here and there and a white gear.  My title I left in its original state as I thought it blended quite nicely with the wood grain of the background paper.  I added some peach coloured micro beads in and around the flowers and on the petals of some of the flowers.  I also lightly brushed some white gesso onto the flowers.
And here you have it.  Simple, yet pretty.

A close-up


Until next time,
this is Donna heading back into her work room.
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!!!!!
and remember
You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

No comments: