Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Frosty Winter Layout

Hi everyone!!!  I finally finished a winter layout that I would like to share with you.  We haven't had any snow yet so I decided to add a picture of my Christmas tree which is in the same colour palette as the layout.  Hopefully it will snow soon (I can't believe I said that) so I can replace the picture with a winter scene.  I kept the layout in my fav colours- teal and seafoam- with white accents and embellishments.

Using a stencil with tiny holes and thick white gesso, I applied the gesso in various areas of the page - across the top and then staggering it around the centre section where my picture is.  Let this dry.  I then applied Shimmerz "Tidy Widy" textured past (absolutely yummy stuff) with a spatula across the centre of the paper in a V shape and then down from the top of the page to the bottom again in a V shape.  I put it on fairly thick to give extra texture.  When this dried I sprayed using Prima Glistening Waves and Heidi Swapp Seafoam sprays.  I mainly sprayed onto the texture paste and around the centre section where the picture is.  Below is a close-up.  I did't worry about the drops of spray - I knew they would be covered up and if they did not get covered up, I would have left them.

I then took some scrap matching papers and made a collage with them to go behind the picture.  The white section is not part of the collage as well as the half circle you see - I was using the white as my picture size for the collage.

I had a circle chipboard doile in my stash.  I painted it in a light turquoise blue colour and cut it in half.  One half is as you see above and the other I placed at the left side just under the actual picture.  I also embossed a chipboard vine and added it next as shown.  I cut a piece off at the one end to put below the picture.  Below you can see a white furry accent under the flowers.  This is actually "fun fur" that you can purchase in the knitting department at most craft stores.  I also added some pearl stamens that go in the centre of flowers for extra accent.  The blue and green flowers were actually white.  I painted them using Shimmerz "Me and Blue" and "Giddy About Green" glistening paint.

 A tree house and some bling gems finishes it off nicely.  
And there you have it - a layout that you can use for Christmas or a winter scene.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a happy and safe day.
HAPPY SCRAPPING
"The only place housework comes before "scrapbooking" is in the dictionary."

1 comment:

바카라 said...

I also recommend reading the guides on the resource - 다 파벳