Friday, November 29, 2013

Quick and Easy

Hello everyone.   Donna here.   Now that I have my Christmas tree up and my decorations in place, I thought I would share another "Quick and Easy" one page layout sketch with you.  Here is the sketch and below is a layout that I did.  

For this layout you will need:
1 sheet 12 x 12 cardstock or patterned paper for the background
1 sheet 11" square of patterned paper next (centered onto background)
1 sheet 10" square patterned paper (centered onto the 11" square)
 A 6" square piece of patterned paper (your size for this piece will be determined by the size of your picture)
One  1 1/2" wide strip of paper with one edge punched (your choice)

I did a winter theme for this layout for an old picture of myself and my siblings from many years ago.  This layout actually completed my heritage album that I have been working on for some time now.
 I distressed the edges of the 11" square patterned paper and inked all the edges of the papers.  I then sprinkled white glitter onto the outer edges (about an inch) of the 10" square piece of paper. It is difficult to see, but it is there.  For my strip under the picture I cut out three 1 1/2" strips, punched the one edge of each, then layered them together so that the scallops overlapped each other.   Then I die cut a flower using a set of spellbinders flower dies and added some sparkles to it as well.  I added some pearl flourishes and tiny flowers that match the papers.  I even tucked in some punched snowflakes around the flower.  And there you have it.  Again, it was very simple to do - took maybe 45 minutes.

I hope you enjoy!!
Until next time
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!!!

No comments: