Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Sketch

Hello everyone.  I thought I would share another sketch with you that I did while I was enjoying a warm cup of tea.   I don't have any fancy computer program where I can create the sketches - I like to do them free hand.  I went to my favourite scrapbooking retreat this past weekend and I took this very rough sketch with me. I ended up doing 6 layouts using this sketch.  I did add some pieces and moved things around to make the layouts look different.  But I was very pleased with how they turned out and I plan on doing this more often.  Here is the sketch.

Here are a couple of the layouts I did following the basics of the sketch. 

For both layouts I used the "Capri" Adorn It line of paper which is two-sided paper.  Using papers from the same line really helped as they have the colour flow that I like.


I began by placing my picture onto the layout where I wanted it to go without adhering it down.  I then started to cut some of the main pieces according to the sketch making sure that the patterned papers had a colour flow and went well together.  I didn't care about patterns as long as the colours were okay.  I also cut pieces with cardstock that blended well with the patterned papers.   As I cut my pieces, I did not adhere them down right away.  I wanted to make sure that they were placed correctly.  I only added a few flowers to the layouts and some small brads.  I did add some flags which are not shown on the sketch.
I now plan on getting out my box of scrap papers and co-ordinate colours and patterns that go well with each other.  I  plan on mixing and matching papers from different companies.  This will be a great way to use up some papers scraps rather than letting them collect dust.
More sketches and layouts will be on the way soon.
I hope you enjoy!!!  Try this idea.  I am sure you will create some great layouts.
Until next time
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Lovely layouts. Thanks for the sketch.