Saturday, March 11, 2017

8x8 Album

Hello everyone!!!!
Today I decided to show you an 8x8 mini album that I created.  I love making these types of albums.  They are great for a gift for a close friend or even for a bride and groom.  I have just completed another one which I am giving to my nephew and his fiance to use as a personal album to put some of their very favourite pictures in it.  
I cut the actual album cover from heavy chipboard and covered it first with quilting batting and then with a fabric which I picked up from a local quilt store.  I cut the inside pages 8" x 8" . Below is the front cover.  

I like to use lots of chipboard items to decorate, layering of papers, and of course lots of flowers.
I am going to show you all the pages inside.  It will be difficult to describe each page, so I hope you can see from the pictures.  Some pages have flip out sections and I will indicate these as we go.
Inside front cover and first page

The inside front cover has a wood frame which I embossed white.  Kept it in the centre and then added my flowers up the left side.  Added some chipboard items.
The first page I used a piece of needlepoint grid as an accent  on the left side.  Added my flowers at the top.  I like to group flowers and usually use odd numbers.
Back of page 1 and front of page 2
Again lots of embellishments and paper layering on both pages.

Both these pages are to be opened up by untying the string bows.  Below shows the back of the first page opened.

Back of page 2 and front of page 3

Back of page 3 and front of page 4

Back of page 4 and the inside back cover

The paper I used for this album is the Prima  "Garden Fable" collection.  The flowers and chipboard items, frames, metal pieces and greenery were all from my stash.  Some I painted to get the right colour.  I cut the inside pages slightly smaller than the cover piece because I knew I was going to be using a lot of raised embellishments on the inside pages.  This allows the pages to lay even and not cause the cover to pop up when closed.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and prosperous week.
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds."
                            Frances Bacon

No comments: