Sunday, July 01, 2018

10x10 Shadow Box

Good day everyone!!!!
I call my next project "Creativity In A Box" - a shadow box.  I love shadow boxes.  There are so many things you can do within a shadow box.  I saw a beautiful shadow box many years ago which was filled with items from a person's past - old keys, old buckles, and other special family  items. It was stunning.  So I created a 10 x 10 white shadow box using many mixed media items - chipboard, 7 x 3 1/2" chipboard tags, flowers, chipboard decorative frames, patterend papers, flowers and a metal "family" door sign as well as resin items, micro beads, modeling paste, and sprays.
Below is the completed box.


To start with I removed the back of the box painted it with white gesso,  a bit of stencilling with modelling paste, then some sprays. I kept the sprays and paste at the outside edges and corners as I knew I was going to be covering the centre with the tags.  I added strips of other papers across the top of the box back for more texture.
I then took two 7" x 3 1/2" heavy chipboard tags covered them with matching patterned paper.  For the tag on the left I added another patterned paper just in the centre.  I inked the edges with brown distress ink for accent.  Then I began adding the embellishments.  I started with the chipboard flourish for the tag on the left and then layered all the other items, one at a time.  The metal door sign on the right is in its natural state.  I did not have to to anything with it except add the embellishments and micro beads below the word family and small amount of the spray around the inside edges.
 Below is close-up of the box with the tags completed.  I used pop dots to raise the tags up.


And a few more close-ups of the tags.








And there you have it.  Until next time, this is Donne wishing you a safe and happy 
1st of July holiday weekend.
"Happy Scrapping"
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing,
 the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.
Have a good one!!!!!