Saturday, July 26, 2014

Two New Layouts

Hello, everyone.  Today I am sharing with you a couple of layouts that I did at my favourite scrapbooking retreat that I was at this past week.  I decided to break away from the mixed media method and went back to my cute and easy layouts.  The one below is my favourite as it is so fun and fresh looking.
Great for a summer picture.


I had a strip of chipboard that had a scalloped edge on it.  I traced the edge all around onto the background paper and cut it out.   I do know that you can get rulers that have scalloped edges on them similar to the chipboard strip that I used.   I inked all the edges of all the paper pieces with a soft brown ink.    I took my second piece of background paper, cut it down to about 10 1/2" square and adhered it to the first paper, centering it.  I then took my black scripto pen and placed tiny dots around the scallops on the first paper and along the outside edge of the second paper.  I also drew broken stitch lines around the inside edge of the second paper.
For the centre paper, using a stencil,  I traced and cut out a decorative-edged piece and added that, again centering it.  I also placed some dots around the inside edge of this piece.
And the rest was simple.  I drew out some clouds, added some broken stitch lines around the outside edges and placed them down with pop dots.  I die cut the sun using spellbinders dies.  And lastly I cut out pieces of scrap paper to make the kite and banner.    I used some blue twine across the top of the banner and continued the twine up to the bottom of the kite.  I did the same on the other side and tucked it under the clouds.  Added some wood butterflies and a couple of pre-made bows.  And there you have it.  Very easy to do.  In fact I think the dots and dashes took the most time.  Here are a couple of closeups.



Another layout I did was specific for a boy. 

I first used a stencil with circles and using a spouncer, I applied a brown metallic paint  at the upper left corner and the bottom right corner.  I cut various sizes of various papers and layered them starting with the first one at the left side of the page and working my way across.  When I had my papers down I added a piece of burlap in the centre. I did rub some gesso onto the burlap to give it some more texture.  I also took a piece of corrugated paper, brushed on some gesso, and added it to the right side of the burlap piece.
For embellishments I used wood gears as shown and also a wood frame at the top and bottom of the picture.  I placed some music paper behind the frames.  And there you have it.  I like to layer papers that go well together.  I also like to rough up the edges of the pieces and do some tearing.  Here is a close-up of the upper left corner.


And for all you
"HAPPY SCRAPPERS"
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is
no path and leave a trail."                    Emerson

No comments: