Monday, July 07, 2014

Using up More Chipboard Letters

Hello everyone!!!!!  Well I finally got a new computer.  What a difference - I have a lot of navigating to do to learn how to fully use it.  So here is my first blog to share with you.  Sometime ago I did a tutorial on how to use up chipboard letters by creating a picture frame.
 Here is another idea based on the same method.
I started by cutting a 4" wide x 11" long piece of white cardstock.  At the left end of the strip I measured in 
3  1/2"  and drew a line.  From the other end I measured in 2 1/2" and drew a line.  The space in between the lines is where I plan on placing my picture on a piece of patterned paper 5" wide x 6" long.

I then pulled out my chipboard letters that I wanted to use up.  Size, colour, shape - doesn't matter.


  I cut the right side end (the 2 1/2" end) off by cutting it 1" in from the pencil line.   I did this so that I could ensure that my picture section did not go over any of the letters on this end.  You can also adjust the pieces to suit your picture as you may not use the same picture size as I did.   Then I placed the letters onto the cardstock as shown above.   When I was happy with the placement, I glued them down securely.    I kept the letters to the outside of the pencil lines.  You will notice that I added the #2 on the larger section.  Add more numbers if you wish.
I then painted all the letters with white gesso.  To be sure I did two coats.  Let this dry completely.


I then took a turquoise blue spray (which matched my papers) and sprayed the letters.  I used a piece of paper towel and lightly soaked up some of the spray off the letters.  This is optional.  When the spray was completely dry, I rubbed a bit of brown ink here and there onto the surface of the letters for an extra accent.  Below is a closeup of the letters after spraying and inking.


 And the completed layout.


I used the WER Memory Keepers "Cut and Paste" line of paper and a package of their matching embellishments.
I hope you enjoy.
Until next time
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!
and for my quote:
"I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow him/her with the most useful gift, 
that gift should be curiosity."  Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: