Monday, February 16, 2015

"Fairies" Mixed Media Album

Today I thought I would share with you a mixed media album I completed called "Fairies".  I have 4 granddaughters that love fairies, princesses, and bling.  So I created this album for them to look at when they come over to the house.  I used lots of mixed media products for each page.  The fairies pictures were pinned from Pinterest along with the quotes.  I had fun creating this and it will sit beside my Old Age book.
Starting with the front cover


The back of the front cover is my favourite.  I created a fairies home.  After all fairies do live in houses nestled in a tree in the forest.  This was the most work.  I stencilled the roof and bricks with moulding paste - sprayed the roof with a brown spray then added lots of brown glitter.  Added some green sprayed cheesecloth to act as moss,die cut a door.  The purple and green sparkly stuff at the bottom is actually chopped up plastic that you put in the bottom of a decorative glass flower pot.  (found it at Ikea)  I added some flowers, cording, pearls and other embellishments.  I think any fairy would love to live here.

All of the quotes were from Disney movies.
And the rest of the pages




I hope you enjoy.  Until next time,
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
"Far away in the sunshine are my highest inspirations.  I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
.......Louisa May Alcott

No comments: