Friday, October 02, 2015

Gramma's Garden Layout

Hello everyone!!  Today I am sharing a layout with you using the Graphic 45 "Secret Garden" patterned paper.  A short picture tutorial follows.  

 I have a granddaughter that loves the colour purple and my garden.  
This paper totally fit her personality.  I first cut a strip off the background paper 3" wide and turned it over to the other side.  I laid the two together. I then cut a 2" wide strip from another paper, adhered it to the back of the main piece then onto the top of the 3" strip.  I made sure that the 3" strip lined  up with the main piece.   I then took a 12 x 12 Prima stencil that has tiny diamonds and applied modeling paste over the entire surface including the side strips.



Next I cut several pieces of paper from the various papers in the paper line and created a collage.  I made sure that I had a piece of the 3" wide strip to pull the papers together.  Here is a picture of the collage.  I turned the upper right corner of the middle piece and adhered in place.


Next I adhered a thick piece of  chipboard to the back of the picture and adhered the picture down.  This pops the picture up.  Next I painted a piece of chipboard lattice and vine with white gesso.
After I painted the vine with a green paint to match the green in the garden and kept the lattice white.


To complete the layout I added the vine and lattice as shown then my flowers along with a resin bird cage.  For a final touch I added a small piece of cheesecloth to each flower section for more texture.  Then lastly, using glass beads mixed into gel medium, I applied the beads using a spatula in and around the layout  and onto the flowers for extra texture.  A strip of lace down the side strip between the green paper and the flowered paper strip and a few sprarkly gems finishes it off.  Here is a closeup of the bottom right section.

e,
I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I enjoyed making it.   Until next time, have a great day and

"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
"Garden fairies come at dawn, bless the flowers, then they're gone."

No comments: