Friday, April 22, 2016

6 1/2" x 4 1/2" Mini Album

Good morning everyone!!
Today I am sharing with you a mini album that I created using up bits and pieces left over from a previous project.  
Below is the front cover.
I first removed the wire rings, then I painted my pre-made chipboard album with black gesso keeping the gesso around the outside edges of each page, front and back,  going in about 1".  Unfortunately you cannot see it, but I covered both the front and back covers (on the outside) with muslin to give it more texture.  I then painted the muslin with the black gesso.  I made a paper collage using various pieces of the paper that you see under the frame.  I placed a small doilie coming out from the right side of the paper collage.   Added flowers, wood key, wood butterfly and greenery.


The inside of the front cover is next.  The centre section I adhered with pop dots to give it a 3-D look.  Added a metal corner and metal flower to the bottom left and a metal circle with flower, greenery and a small heart made from polymer clay.  I love using polymer clay and making embellishments with it.  So I made a lot of different shapes and tucked them away for a rainy day.  I glued glass beads on the surface of the heart.

First Inside Page
This is a fold out page so I can place my pictures inside.
There is a paper piece on the left side of the centre fold out section.  I fussy cut this from one of  the paper pieces.


Back of First Page
This I kept simple and added a small metal decorative frame with a flower, die cut lattice piece and a loopy bow.  In the centre of the frame I placed a large sparkly gem.


Front of Second Page
Again, kept it simple.  I fussy cut a flower section, added a small piece of the die cut lattice, a bit of cheesecloth under the flower.


Back of Second Page
This is another fold out page.  I can add 4 pictures to the fold out section.
To make the fold out - score 1/4" in from the left side of your first piece of paper.  Fold it then wrap the fold around to the back of your second piece of paper and secure the 1/4" part only.  Do the same with the second piece of paper onto the third piece of paper.  The entire third piece of paper will be adhered down to the page.


Here is a look at the fold out section.

And lastly, the inside of the back cover.

I am so glad I kept my scraps from this paper.  It is one of my favourites.  
This album is a great gift idea for someone.
Until next time,
this is Donna wishing you a safe and happy weekend.
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!
"Before credit cards, we always knew exactly how much we were broke."
Have a great day.


No comments: