Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fun Summer Layout

It looks like summer is here, finally.  
Today I have decided to share a layout with you that is cute and summery.


I have a few rulers that have different scalloped edges on them.  I believe they are from Fiskars.  I traced around the outside edges with one of them onto the background main paper.  I cut out along the pencil lines to give the scalloped edge.  I then drew small dots around the entire edge using my black journaling pen.  This gave the paper extra accent.
I then took a second patterned paper and cut it down to an 11" square.  I drew a broken line around the outer edges using a ruler and a black pen, again for extra accent.  This I adhered to the background paper, centering it.
I have a very old stencil  ( Hot Off The Press) which I traced out onto a third paper to get a scalloped frame which you see in the centre.  I drew small dots around the outside edges of this as well.
From scraps of paper I traced out free hand the clouds and cut them out.  I placed a broken line around the cloud outer edges.  The two top clouds were adhered down with pop dots. I then die cut the sun from a circle and a die that has a spiked edge which became the rays of the sun.  I tucked this just under the clouds.  Then I made a kite from some more scrap papers and a banner.  The tail of the kite is cording which I attached to the kite, then added the banner pieces to the same cording.  Added a couple of bows and wood butterflies which I also found in a "my little junk bin".  It pays not to throw anything out.  You never know when you might use it.  Here is a close-up of the kite .

And there you have it.  The dots and dashes lines added a lot of accent.  Try it.
Until next time,
this is Donna wishing you a great week.
"HAPPY SCRAPBOOKING"
"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, 
the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."

No comments: