Monday, October 17, 2016

Two Layouts - Boy and Girl

Hello everyone!!!!
I know it has been several weeks since I posted my last project but unfortunately my computer had been compromised and hacked.  I knew something was wrong and since my computer intelligence is not very high even at the best of times, I did not realize what was happening until a few days ago when I got a notice on my screen that this had happened.  It is now fixed and I am ready to go.
So I am going to show you a couple of layouts that I did, one suitable for a boy and one for a girl.  They are simple and very easy to do.
For the boy

For this layout I chose papers (with a rustic look)  from my bits and pieces bin and I made various tags that I layered at the right side of the layout.  For the background I first marked where I wanted my picture to go then I stenciled some red paint randomly so that it would go around the picture.  This hint of red made the picture pop out and went well with the red tag.  I made a couple of banner pieces that I placed at the upper left corner and across the strip of yellow banner type paper.  With a border stamp and black ink I stamped the upper left and bottom right corners for extra accent. I then  added some various pieces of ephemera here and there.   Below is a close-up of the tag section.


The girl layout


For this layout I selected at neutral background paper.  I cut out a 10" square from another neutral coloured paper and added that, centering it.  At the right side of the layout I made a paper collage using various papers that blended well with the background papers as well as a smaller collage at the left side of the layout.  I then added pieces of lattice chipboard which I kept in its natural colour.  I did do some stamping with black ink randomly around the layout and onto the paper collages.  I added my usual flowers and embellishments along with a white circle resin frame to the larger collage section on the right.  Again embellishments and flowers and a wooden cut out flower (embossed with white embossing powder) were added to the left side collage.  I had to cut out and tuck in some butterflies as well.   Below is a couple of closeups of the collages.



I hope you enjoy.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and happy week.
"HAPPY SCRAPBOOKING"
"Our main business is not to see what lies dimly in the distance but to do what lies clearly at hand.
                                                               Thomas Carlyle

No comments: