Thursday, July 06, 2017

Beautiful Faces Album

Good day everyone!!!!  I am very happy that I finally completed my "Beautiful Faces" album.  Below are the remaining 3 pages.  I decided not to add quotes to the pages.  I decided that down the road I may want to use this album using personal pictures so I adhered the pictures so that they can be easily removed.  That way I can even give it as a gift to someone.  Anyway, here are the remaining pages.

For each page I did paper layering and added embellishments as shown.  I decided to keep them simple but pretty.   A couple of them I textured the background with modeling paste and a stencil.





Below is showing the inside front cover and a partial view of the album when it is partially opened.


And also today I am sharing with you a layout that I created using vine and flower stamps to create my background.  I first traced the size of my picture onto white cardstock lightly with a pencil.  I then stamped outwards from each side of the traced box.


Below is how I started.  My acrylic stamp set had several different vines and different sized flowers.  So I started at the top of the box, in the middle, and stamped a vine, then worked around that first vine.  I just kept going, fanning my images out and around the picture box.


When I was finished the stamping I did add some colour to the leaves with an ink pad and wet paint brush.  I made a paper collage for behind my picture, popped the picture up onto the layout with pop dots.  I added strips of paper coming out from both sides of the picture.  I added some very tiny flowers in and around the stamped vines along with small pearls, then added the other flowers as shown around the picture.
Below is a closeup of the stamped area at the top of the picture.


This was actually easier then I thought it would be.  Try it - great way to get creative and create your own background.  I hope you will give it a try.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a great day.
"HAPPY SCRAPBOOKING"
"Many people will walk in and out of your life,
but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this layout. I think I’m going to have to scraplift this one.