Saturday, August 05, 2017

"HUGS" Layout

Hello everyone!!!!!
Sorry for the length of time for a posting.  Unfortunately, life's challenges got in the way. So today I am going to share with you a very soft and simple layout that I did called Hugs.


For the background I dry-brushed white gesso onto the paper  from top to bottom first then across the paper over to the right hand side.  I kept the up and down brushing close to the left side and extended the gesso across the middle, stretching it over to the right side.
I then cut several strips of 1/2" wide papers that matched the background paper in different lengths.  I laid out these strips one a time, without adhering, up and down first then slid some in between from side to side. (like a basket weave)  When I was satisfied I adhered them down to the paper.
Here is a close-up.

I then dry-brushed white gesso very lightly over the strips to blend them into the background.  A little bit of very light stamping here and there for accent and I was ready for my picture.
I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit behind the picture as an accent.  I inked my title with black ink then added my embellishments to the bottom right corner of the picture.  I kept it very simple because the picture is my focal point.

And I decided to give you another layout of my granddaughter at the butterfly farm.
I love butterflies so I was happy to find this picture.
Again, very simple.  I cut the diamond paper down to 11" square, distressed and inked the edges, then adhered it to the centre of the yellow background paper.  I cut a second paper down to a 9" square, again distressing and inking the edges then adhered this to the centre of the diamond paper.
My picture is a 5 x 7 which I mounted onto a piece of chipboard and adhered to the centre.

I added various flowers, vines, a die cut circle and heart and butterflies.  A couple at the top right corner of the picture and several others in the flower area.  I tucked a piece of lace just under the bottom edge of the picture.  And there you have it.  Below is a close-up.  You can see a monarch butterfly sitting on her arm.

Until next time, this is Donna wishing you an amazing week.  I have other projects on the go and can't wait to share them with you.
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!!
and remember
"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."

No comments: