Saturday, August 18, 2018

8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Vertical Album

Good Day everyone!!!
I have become very obsessed with making mini albums lately.   I find that you can make them very unique and can be used for those very special pictures.  They can be time-consuming but I feel that the end product is very satisfying.  So today, I am going to share with you one of my albums.  I decided to do this one so that it opens vertically so that the pages flip from bottom to top.
I have covered the cover (front and back and spine) with a fabric rather than paper.  Here is the album starting with the front cover and a side view.


For each page I used the Prima "You and Me" paper collection.  Lots of embellishments: flowers, decorative chipboard pieces from the You and Me Collection.  Each page has two parts.  The upper part has a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" flip out section.  You can add two 4x4 pictures inside.  The lower part has a second flip up section which is 6 1/4" x 4 1/4".  You can add two 4x6 pictures on the inside.  There is a total of 3 inside pages keeping in mind that the inside of the front and back covers are part of the pages as well as the backs of each page.  There is a total of 8 flip out sections for a total of 16 pictures.  I won't go into too much description as to how I did each page.  That would be a very long posting.  There is a picture of each top and bottom sections so I hope you can see how I did each section.  A lot of paper collages were used on the fronts of each picture flip out.

Page 1 (inside of the front cover and the bottom section)


Page 2 top and bottom


Page 3 Top

Page 3 Bottom



Page 4 Top

Page 4 Bottom (inside of back cover)


A view of open flip outs.



I will be showing several other mini albums that I have been working on.  All covered in fabric and using Prima papers and embellishments.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and fun weekend.
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don' t mind"
Dr. Seuss

No comments: