Sunday, September 16, 2018

Circular "By The Sea" Mixed Media Plaque

Good day everyone.  Today I want to share with you a 9" wood circle onto which I created a "By The Sea" scene.  I enjoy creating water scenes and using a lot of sea-like items.
I first started by painting white gesso onto the surface of the wood.  I followed with a coat of crackle paste from Golden.  I let the paste dry completely without help.  You get larger cracks when you do this.  You can help it along with a heat gun but expect to get smaller and less cracks.  It really does look like water.  I then applied a turquoise spray with a paint brush to get better control and then added some brown spray here and there for accent.
Below is the completed plaque.


  I applied a coat of matte medium to protect the surface when the sprays had completely dried.  I did not want the crackle paste to flake off.



I then added my other items starting with a piece of cheesecloth on the left side of the resin frame.  I added a large shell to the centre of the frame.  On the frame I painted on some of the turquoise background spray here and there and then some bronze paint here and there for accent.
On the right of the frame I adhered some fish netting and placed another piece of cheesecloth to the upper edge of the netting by tucking it underneath.
The rest is shells, flowers, greenery, broken turquoise tiles, and art stones.  When done I added some more of the spray here and there around all the elements.  Below is some close-ups of sections of the plaque.





And there you have it.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will give it a try.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and crafty week.
"If you do not change what you are doing today, your tomorrow will be no different than yesterday."
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"

1 comment:

charu chauhan said...

AMAZING
THANKS FOR SHARING
HAVE A NICE DAY
bluetooth speakers