Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hello everyone!!!  It has been a while since my last posting - I am back with a new canvas to start off the New Year.  This canvas is something a little different than what I normally do.


I decided to keep the background white.  I first applied a thick layer of modeling paste.   I first decided where I wanted to put my main embellishments in the centre of the canvas.  Then I  placed  some chipboard shapes from Prima around the centre of the canvas, painted them with white gesso.  Starting with the bird cage (just off to the right of the centre) I began adding the other pieces.  The scroll pieces at the top and bottom of the centre were made with air dry clay and using a Finnibair mold.  The circular pieces (one is in the centre of the bird cage) were also made with clay.  I added a few metal flowers, the wood bird and finally, Prima art stones.  Next was the sprays.  I started with Prima "fir needles" Colour Bloom spray at the top and spritzed with water to get it to flow into all the crevices.  I gradually worked my way down to the bottom.  I let this dry then started with the next colour  Prima's "dragon fly blue".  This one I sprayed around the outer edges and blended it with a brush.  Finally, I decided to add some yellow for accent and I chose Prima "sorbet" spray.  I sprayed this one here and there again using a bit of water and a brush to blend.  When everything was completely dried, I rubbed some gold wax onto the surface of the raised parts of most of the pieces.
Below is a couple of closeups.




Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a very Happy New Year.  I have lots of other things to share with in the near future.
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
If you hear a voice inside of you say "you cannot paint,"
 then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Van Gogh

No comments: