Wednesday, October 01, 2014

The Art of "OLD AGE"

Hello everyone!!  Today I would like to share with you one of the most heart-warming and delightful Art Journaling/Mixed Media books that I have seen.  It was designed by Helen the manager at the Scrapping Bug store and I was totally delighted when she gave me permission to show it to you.  This book totally tickled my heart and I find it to be one of the most creative mixed media items that I have seen in a while.
The book is titled "Old Age".


Here are a few of the pages.  The quotes are equally delightful and suit each picture perfectly.

The quote:
"Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man."

The left side picture quote:
"The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years.  Your body changes, but you don't change at all.  And that, of course, causes great confusion."

The one on the right is one of my favourites.  The face and the quote puts a smile on my face.
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty 
- they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."


The left side "The secret of a good old age is simply an honourable pact with solitude."
And the right side picture
"I pray to see another day."


"Sing out loud" says it all for this picture.  Simply delightful.


The picture and quote on the left really made my day.
"There's one advantage to being 102.......there's no peer pressure."

Even though I'm not 102 yet, there is nothing further from the truth.

And finally the picture on the right, again makes for a chuckle.
"With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come."

I hope you enjoyed this posting and I especially hope that it brought laughter to your heart and a smile on your face.  I plan on making an "Old Age" book for myself - to sit on my coffee table and to look at when I want to brighten my day.
Until next time,
"In my next life, I'm going to have more memory installed."
Thanks, Helen, for your creativity and insight.

3 comments:

Scrapping Bug said...

Ahhh.. Thanks Donna!! You are a sweetie.. and I can't wait to see your "OLD AGE" Book!! {{HUGS}}
Helen

OlesyaK said...

I love it! it's so absolutely gorgeous, even better in reality!! Great job HeleN!

Scrapping Bug said...

Thanks Olesya!!