Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My "OLD AGE" Book

Hello everyone.  I did get my OLD AGE book done, so today I thought I would share it with you.  It was a lot of fun making.  Lots of mixed media, layering, and texturizing using all sorts of products:  cheese cloth, moulding paste, stencils, sprays, inks, netting, etc.  So to start, here is the front cover.  I hope you enjoy.


The first page quote:  To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly, cheerful, reverent -
that is to triumph over old age.
Second page quote:  In youth we learn; in age we understand

The third page quote:  Don't worry about wrinkles; they're just antique smiles.
The fourth page quote:  My wild oats have turned into prunes and bran flakes. 
(I had to add in some humour.)

5th page quote:  The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.  (How true)
6th page quote:  No wise man ever wished to be younger.

And for the next quote:  You know you are getting old when your pacemaker opens the garage door.  (Some more humour  to help keep you smiling.)
 Next page quote:  I'm not old - I'm a recycled teenager.  (She even has that teenage look.)

The face on the left is one of my favourites (very saucy):  You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.  
Another favourite picture:  Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts.  (We will all do the same someday.)


And the last quote (picture on the left):  I'm not old.....I've been young a very long time.
(And another very coy expression)

And there you have it.  I was pleased with the way it turned out.  I keep it on a table in my family room for anyone that wants to look at it and hopefully make their day a happy one.
Thanks for looking.
Until next time, remember
"Over the hill?  I don't remember any hill."

No comments: