Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Quick & Easy Sketch

Hello everyone!!  Referring back to my tutorial on using Nepheline Course Gel, here is another layout that I used this product on.  I made sand by mixing a sand-coloured paint with the gel.  Here is the layout.  It was very quick and easy.

Here is a close-up of the "sand".  I had some 1/2" ceramic tiles in my stash.  So I crushed them with a hammer to make stones and adhered them to the sand with mod podge.

I have decided to start  "QUICK AND EASY" layout sketches for you.  Everyone loves quick and easy layouts, I know I do.  I have 8 grandchildren and I am doing albums for all of them.  These will be layouts that you can complete in 15 minutes.  Once you have done the basic layout, you will be able to add embellishments as you wish.  Dress it up or keep it simple.  Here is the first sketch.   I will also include a completed layout for you based on the sketch.
For this layout you will need one paper for the background;  a large doilie; a 7" circle cut from patterned paper; two strips 2" wide x 11" long from a patterned paper.
Here is my completed layout.
I added some lace, flowers, vines, metal decorative oval in the centre of a white pre-cut flower, and a bit of bling.  I added a die cut scalloped circle at the upper right corner of the picture with a silk flower.  It was very easy and took very little time.    I hope you enjoy.  Until next time
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!!!

No comments: